Friday 20 July 2007

Katie and Peter: The Next Chapter - ITV2 Thursday's 9pm




I'd love to see Katie Price and Madonna in conversation
Something crossed my mind when I watched this last night - imagine Madonna and Katie Price in conversation. Katie speaks in such a confrontational matter of fact way in her show, that very much reminds me of Madonna (specially her 90's 'sex' phase). Last night Katie described all the gruesome details of giving birth. I kept thinking, did Madonna pave the way really for this kind of uber- sexual assertiveness and honesty in women? In the early 90's Madonna was key in developing my sexual knowledge, attitudes, and frankness - and wonder if Katie does that for a new generation of women -just in more graphic ways. There is nothing she won't talk about and say in front of anyone, and that to me seems one of unique selling points to the public. During a dinner party with David Guest, she mentions despite giving birth she will be cut up down there, she can still use her mouth. David quickly says he and his minder have to catch a train home, and they only just started having their post dinner coffee! I think she lucked out with Pete, who is actually a sensitive, kind and funny guy. I want to like her... I respect that she is tough and got opinions, but does it have to be so extreme. Still, can you imagine Madonna meeting Katie, what would they talk about and who would be more shocking?

No comments: