Wednesday 18 July 2007

DIRT: The New Show for the Girls on FIVE US Monday's at 9pm


I was intrigued by the ad banner on PerezHilton for this show; a dramatic shot of Courtney Cox-Arquette reigning over an LA night-scape, in a stunning red dress. Apart from this banner, I have seen no advertising or push for this show in the UK, it has been quietly put on Monday’s nights on Five US at 9pm. I would have expected more a splash considering the star power of the former ‘Friend’ and the fact it is based round on LA celeb culture. Courtney plays a hard as nails magazine editor but underneath is a bit dis-jointed and lonely. I'd like to see Carrie Bradshaw watching it then doing her usual nightly laptop narration:

‘Meanwhile Courtney got a part in a new hour, yes HOUR comedy drama that kind of blended me, Sam, Charlotte and Miranda into one. Would it work? Would it find an audience? How does the fashion work? Would it make it to the second season?'

No comments: