Wednesday 6 April 2011

My Shazam style TV App idea for the 'Kardashians'


I don't know why but ever since I read about this idea from MTV producing a listening App to tag content, it has just got me thinking about developing it to the next level to facilitate a game with a show or unlock some sort interactive experience from character to viewer. Hear me out; so there you have Kim hollering away at Khloe for ripping her dress in Keeping Up with the Kardashians which sound cues the Kardashian App (of course they have one already, but not with this feature) and activates a piece of scripted content or reveals anther angle to the story. It could be as such:

1) A picture at an event of Kim wearing the dress (sent from Kim) and memory
2) A text directly from Kim, saying 'Khloe is being so unfair, what do you think? Then drive it to Twitter for response. 
3) Khloe sends soundbite of song 'I love the way you lie' to App
4) Kim sends competition to win something of hers whilst using in show (from Starbucks Holder to Louboutins). 
5) Character making a decision, take it to a poll or twitter.

These are just rough ideas; I just love the idea of some interactive storytelling, like it doesn't have to affect the outcome of the show, just directly connects you to Kim or Khloe.The App could play with the dramatic tension of the show, allow for product placement, my emphasis though would be on the extra dimension of scripting and interaction with their characters. I think so much of the Kardashians appeal  is in the girl-world, gossip and sharing secrets, we are inviting viewers in even closer through this App. The App would obviously have to be designed to cue in with the shows soundtrack.

What do you think? I know it might be applying gaming to reality characters, but isn't this stuff scripted anyways? I think it would be just so much fun.

No comments: